Tuesday, December 1, 2009

you might get lucky some days, not a drop of rain.

DAY TWO:

Confession:

this is harder than it looks. I'm realizing just how much I've eaten my pain over the last few months. I think I've realized this every time I've started a diet and then stopped, but this time I really want it to stick. It's difficult to take advice from people, especially from those that I love the most. That's one thing I've realized; when you're trying to make a change and your dearhearts want to help by giving you the input you need, sometimes it's harder to take than you (or they) would think. I won't give specific examples. :)

Last night I went to Shaw's and bought a couple of snackish things...it was 11:15 when I got out of work, so I didn't quite have the energy to go shopping. I got two lunchables (I know, not the best, but I thought I'd be on the go today), some celery sticks, whole wheat goldfish (a handful every once in awhile), and special K bars for the morning. Today I'll go to the grocery store and actually go shopping...You'll get an update about my grocery quest tomorrow.

I overslept this morning (totally wasn't planning to). I had kind of a rough night last night. I woke up at 7:45 and realized that I had forgotten to do my English homework when I got home from Passim last night, so I decided to skip class. I have two exams tomorrow. I need the study time anyway.

Maybe sleeping in wasn't a mistake at all? Fred Phelps and his gang of fag-hating bullies were showing up at my school this morning for a protest. It's World Aids Day, and apparently they want to make sure that the gays at UMASS feel extra hated. (His website is truly heinous, by the way. Google "God Hates Fags", preferably when you're in a good mood.) Something about Phelps tugs at me in a not so good way that nobody else can...I think it's the Jesus thing.

I'd appreciate your prayers (especially today). Any support you can give (even if it's just a sweet facebook message) is welcomed wholeheartedly.

All the love in this little bursting-at-the-seams heart,

--Beth

3 comments:

  1. Hey hon! It sounds like you had an over-zealous first day on your diet. A different breakfast, a new gym routine, and a plan to buy different food--it struck me as kind of frantic. Focus on the fact that you chose to eat a healthier breakfast--that's awesome! And maybe consider making only one change per day or a few changes per week. Your mom is right--gradual change lasts. Oh and, remember it takes about a month to solidify a new habit, so don't beat yourself up if you have trouble sticking with your goals at first.

    I'm sorry that Phelps is at your school today. He is a blemish on our society and a can't even imagine how hurtful Westboro Baptist's message if to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Kat...you have no idea how sweet it is to hear that from you. :) you're so encouraging.

    <3

    love love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Christian, I will go one the record as saying Phelps is a disgrace to the Church.

    They're a cult at best!

    ReplyDelete