Sunday, December 13, 2009

I ain't leavin' and I ain't givin' in...

DAY 13:

So. the big weigh in was exactly what I expected it to be. I haven't gained or lost anything. This is generally true of the first week or two of any diet that I start...nothing changes. Why is this? Probably because I'm still learning how to be faithful to the diet...I've cheated in little ways a couple of times, and the work out isn't as vigorous as it should be. BUT. The important thing is that I have been working out, eating (mostly) healthy, and I'm working towards a big change. I don't want to get down on myself, because chances are I'll just give up if I do.

In other news: I went to a UU church with Linds this morning. It was just an experiment...I haven't been since the Kim days (she is an avid UU-er). It was nice, but mostly it just felt forced. I was talking with Lindsey about how some places drive me crazy because they are so PC, others drive me crazy because they aren't at all. What do I prefer? Male pronouns, or no titles at all? I don't know.

Things that I need to get off my chest: I'm sick and tired of this semester. Really, I'm sick of school in general. I keep telling myself two more semesters, but all that I want to be doing is playing music. It's hard to study things that I'm not even interested in, especially when I know just a bachelor's degree in Psych isn't really going to get me anywhere. I just. Want. To. Play. alksjdf;lkaj;slkdjfasdf.

I'm sure you're all sensing a lot of frustration in this post...That's not an accident. Consider me frustrated. I'm a bit over this whole thing.

All the love I can muster at this current moment in time,

--Beth

1 comment:

  1. one thing i appreciate about uu churches is that it'll be an insta-network of people who won't look down on you cuz you're a big 'ole gay. --although you prolly can get that at ucc and episcopol stuffs in the area too

    i went to a whole bunch of uu events when i was in high school-- good times.

    for me, though it didn't work out cuz i missed me some jesus.

    what do you want in a church? community? to feel 'churched'? hefty dose o' jesus? network of caring concerned people?

    (and there's your comments from your ministerfriend) ;)

    ReplyDelete