Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I know the cost of a losing hand, but for the grace of God...

DAY EIGHT:

Today after exams, I got stressed out and ate some chocolate chips. I just couldn't help myself! I think the key is moderation. Chris was saying, as long as it's not a huge helping of dessert (or a disgustingly fattening one), you're ok. So I'm forgiving myself. I'm letting it go, and moving on. That's the key. No beating yourself up, just keep on trying.

Yesterday was quite successful. I worked out...Some treadmill, weights, crunches, stretching...it was good. Eating: breakfast was special K raisin bran, lunch was a whole wheat sandwich I packed myself with chicken and one slice of cheese, carrot sticks, apple sauce, diet coke, and a bit of goldfish. Dinner I had with Lindsey: we made delicious burgers on the George Foreman grill! So good. We packed them with onions, and had steamed broccoli on the side. 93 percent lean meat! :) Eating healthy feels so good. The other stuff, not so much. That's what I've come to realize...I always feel better when I eat something like dinner last night than when I eat chicken fingers and fries with a coke. All that fried just stays on your mind...and your hips.

I think I've come up with a plan for when school lets out. Lindsey's gym is doing sale prices...two weeks for $20, which is not so bad. And it's right in Davis. They have punching bags, and cardio kick-boxing classes (right up my alley). I could also go to the gym with her, which would be totally motivating. I could use a gym buddy. That way if she goes and I don't, I'll feel like a lazy ass! :) Also, I may sign up for a few yoga classes at the place down the road from me...02 yoga. My roommate says that it's great.

I haven't been keeping up with quiet time yet. A big part of me feels like I really want to do that. Advent seems like such a time of reflection for me. For some reason driving around in all this snow makes me think about the year behind me. Sometimes I get warm fuzzy feelings, other times I end up a little bit sad. Either way, I think I need to set aside some time to do my reflecting. And maybe some praying too? Important.

Well...that concludes my make-up post.

Over and out.

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment