Monday, November 30, 2009

keep us far from our vices and deliver us from these prisons...

DAY 1:

Hi.

Good morning.

I'm sitting unusually high up in a chair in the computer lab at UMASS. This morning I woke up, showered, drove to school, and had some extra time. Instead of my usual sausage egg and cheese from dunkie's, I found myself an odwalla bar and a bottled water. I haven't grocery shopped yet, so I had to buy food...I think that's going to be the biggest struggle; I eat out a LOT. Like way more than someone with a limited budget should. I think this is a habit that I learned from my parents...still, I know it's my responsibility to change it. I told myself that after today, I'm going to get myself to Trader Joe's and buy some nutritious food. The problem with eating out is that A. it's super expensive and B. it's usually not that healthy, even when it poses as healthy. :)

I'm going to work out in between classes (a mile on the treadmill, weights, crunches). I plan to eat a healthy lunch (a whole wheat sandwich from the caf), and maybe a salad for dinner. Hopefully somewhere in my busy schedule I can find time to get to Trader Joe's. I may have to settle for Shaw's.

In other news, does anyone know of a good church body that I could get myself involved in? I miss it. I'm looking for good music and friendly people (who won't tell me I'm going to burn in hell for being gay). Preferably episcopal? I'm open, though.

Love and so much peace,

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment