Wednesday, February 3, 2010

rant--

I'm sick of the following things (some related to my project, some not):

-going to the mall and trying on clothes only to find that I've grown a size and feeling like shit as a result

-saying I'm going to eat healthy all week long and then making it to Thursday and pigging out on brownies or ice cream and feeling like shit as a result.

-only making it to the gym 2-3 times a week and...(you fill in the blank)

-weighing in and finding that I've gained 2 or 3 pounds instead of losing it like I've set out to do from the beginning

-being an emotional mess because of my own choices

-the gender binary

-people who think just because I have boobs that means I want to shop in the "ladies" section of the store

-not getting my period for a month and a half and then having cramps that feel like earthquakes because of it.

-never having time for the things I really want to do (i.e. music) because of schoolwork/chores

-having two chins (this one is kind of funny I guess)

-worrying about what I'll look like in the future if I keep on going like this

-feeling my pants get tighter and tighter

MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK AT THIS LIST EVERY TIME I WANT TO MAKE A BAD CHOICE FOR MYSELF.

Today was a hard day. I really could use some encouragement and also some self-discipline.

--Beth

1 comment:

  1. Okay...can I just say, that YOU'VE been an encouragement to me! I've sucked lately at my 180 (mostly because of my shoulder), but...I remember back when I first started this, and you jumped all over it. That was such an encouragement to get going on this. I should say, that you have made an impact in my 180, and in turn, my 180 has helps others. So...thank you from me, and the others who have been following me. (and waiting with baited breath for the next time I post...now that I can type with two hands again).

    Oh...and the gym 2-3 times a week!?! WHAT? That's awesome!

    Also...In-spite of what section of the store you shop, you are a woman (not like you need a reminder of that with your monthly friend lurking it's ugly head), your metabolism is (to use a less then a seminary nerd term) a BITCH, so kick it's ass! You may also be gaining some muscle with your gym visits, so factor that in too.

    Hope this was encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete