Saturday, February 20, 2010

God it's good to be alive.

I'm finally starting to enjoy this healthy living thing. Get ready for how proud you are about to be of me: this week I have gone to the gym four times. Every time I have run at least a mile (usually two) and I think three out of the four times I have joined in a class. I did spin, kickboxing, and yoga. It's been a pretty amazing week. The best part? I've finally started to knuckle down with this eating thing. Yesterday I went grocery shopping. Wanna hear my list? (Well, I don't care if you want to. I'm going to tell you anyway.) Breakfasts: Oatmeal, Yogurt, Granola, Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Wheat bread. All of these are the healthy kinds...Non-Fat Yogurt, Bear Granola, etc. Lunches: Lean lunch meat, Celery Sticks, Baby Carrot Sticks, Lite ranch dressing. Salad Fixings. Lite Salad Dressing. Dinners: Lean Cuisines, Ground Turkey, Scallopini Chicken Breasts, Whole Wheat Pasta, Lite Ragu, Broccoli, etc. I think a big key ingredient in this eating thing is to do it every four hours. And not before bed. Apples with PB are a really great snack when you're craving something sweet. !!

I know that if I continue to do this, I will see some changes. That is encouraging.

Thanks to mom for doing the e-mail food journal with me!

Love to all of you in your own changes,


--Beth

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So proud of you. I think I need to give up sugar. Grrr... I really don't want to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmn...Such a hard thing to give up! Why do you have to give it up completely? Why not just cut down?

    ReplyDelete