Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday...

So this is going to be a rough week, I can feel it. Last week it was so impressive to me that I could make it to the gym five days out of the week, now it just needs to start becoming routine. It's been a build up...From running two weeks ago, to last week, to this one. Also, I finally provided myself with the resources to eat healthy, now I actually need to follow through everyday (instead of eating out when I'm on the go). My point is, I could use your prayers and support this week especially.

Today I plan on leaving for the gym soon. I had a nice cup of yogurt with granola in it for breakfast. Gym, shower, then a quick lunch before I leave for school (2:00 Chorus class). I woke up this morning with the shivers, both because it was freezing in my house and because I had one of those anxiety producing dreams. This one was really strange and symbolic though: my brother and I were on our way to do something important, and I stopped to touch a bird. Why was I touching the bird? Why did the bird let me get close enough to touch it? I don't know. :) It was a beautiful red robin...and then the robin started to peck at me violently. That was pretty terrifying. So my brother ran to get something to use to anesthetize it, and in the process I accidentally consumed some, too. My ears started to slowly lose their hearing (like when you pass out), and I was really panicking. That's when the dream ended and I woke up. ?? STRANGE.

So yesterday I went to personal training with Lindsey. I think it may become a weekly thing. Her trainer (who is also named Beth) lost 35 pounds after college. Now she's basically a gym Goddess. :) She ran a marathon recently (and I know she's run them before that). This gives me hope. Since 35 pounds would be an amazing amount for me to lose, I felt like I could relate to her and not be so bitter about weighing in, or feel embarrassed about my current weight. Anyway, I bet if I stick to my good eating habits, don't eat before bed, and go to the gym everyday this week, I could lose two pounds by Sunday. That is my hope and prayer.

Anyway...I feel like this 180 thing is consuming a lot of my time! I guess that's good, because I'm really starting to be committed to it...

Love love love from my heart to yours,

--Beth

2 comments:

  1. Beth...

    Just thinking!! When was the last time you had blood work or a physical? If it's been a while, you may want to make sure you're in good health to continue dieting. I say this not to scare you, but to ensure there is nothing that may be hindering your weight loss. I am speaking specifically about thyroid issues. Jenn takes medicine for her thyroid. Just a thought.

    Cricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,

    I actually got tested for that, and they said that I did not have any issues! I was wondering the same thing. Basically my doctor told me healthy excersize and healthy eating were the solution. Hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon...If not maybe I should see a doctor again?

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete