Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year baby, we could probly' fix it if we cleaned it up all day.

This is my reflection post for 2009. It is now over and done with, thank the lord. This post will be done free of any tools such as old journals, pictures, or lifeline phone calls.

I will be listening to Antje while I conduct this reflection. :)

JANUARY:

THE BREAK UP. This was a horrible horrible month. I spent the beginning of it grasping for something to hold on to that wasn't my ex. I ate my pain. While it sucked, it was definitely a necessary month. I cut my hair. Woah! I went from being somewhere in between femme and butch to full on butch. I gained a bit of confidence from this switch. But I also lost a few things? Maybe I lost some of my sweet innocence? I was pretty angry with life. Other things of note: Obama comes into office, I begin my job at Passim, I start going to BAGLY every Wednesday. I spend a few very lonely days in NH with my parents, retreating from who knows what...I listen to a lot of Andrea Gibson and cry into my green NH hoody. Kissed a girl who I would never date seriously.

FEBRUARY:

Campfire with KB, Dami, and Jeff. Talked to We're About 9 after the show, exchanged contact info. That was cool. Opening for Vance Gilbert? I think? Lonely valentine's day...I don't remember specifically what I did, but it was lonely. This month was one of those transitional months. Not too much of interest to note. Thought about dating a girl who wasn't right for me (too much granola). Cooked her dinner, realized I was crazy.

MARCH:

Lauren's birthday. Lots of drunk college students at my house. Too much clean-up. Still, fairly entertaining! My 21st birthday...strange phone calls with Kim, finally we agreed on seeing the girlyman concert together. My birthday was actually pretty fantastic, apart from the fact that it was sad seeing her. This was the month that I really started to get to know Lindsey. On the 28th, she and Matt took me for drinks at midnight after a girlyman show at the Border (their treat). I had two margaritas, and totally felt it. We drove home listening to Pink. I got my tattoo! "Blackbird singing in the dead of night..."

APRIL:

Lots of Lindsey this month. Things started getting warmer, happier. I remember a lot of Anais in my life. "the brightness" was essential. My song for this month was "Out of Pawn". I really started getting into trans stuff...I wrote a ton of papers for directed studies and got A's on all of them. Watched Transamerica with Lindsey, snuggled on the couch.

MAY:

Things started winding down for the semester...I got ready to move out of that God-forsaken 69 Bromfield House (we're still getting calls about bills). Had some roommate squabbles. I finally moved out toward the end of the month, headed for NH in my overstuffed car. I knew I would be back in Boston for a lot of the summer. I wrote a song about people putting all their junk on the curbs. I spent the end of this month collecting myself after the semester.

JUNE:

Lots of wandering! I drove a lot of places, some of them very strange and random. I slept on a ton of couches. Forever indebted to people who gave me a place to stay: Leif, Tim and Alice, Jeff, Lindsey, my parents, JessJasonEllen, Tom, Grandma. I was really just kickstarting the summer in this month, though. I did a lot of sleeping in and commuting to Boston to work, staying up late thinking about things that I didn't need to think about. I had a relapse with the ex, thought better of it.

JULY:

Not much to say about this month...NH to Boston a lot. Lots of Lindsey time. Concerts up the wazoo. Ferrick and Curtis in Lowell? I think? Or was that August? I'm not sure. Either way, that was a really good time. I played a few little gigs here and there.

AUGUST:

Major things of note: I adopted a puppy. Oh dear. This was pre-move in, or while I was moving in. It was a bad decision, but luckily I found her a good home when I decided to give her up. It was kind of like giving up a child. A little bit. She would have been stuck in a room all day long, and that would be mean. I am just too busy for a dog right now! Other things: getting ready for the semester to start, dog watching at Tim and Alice's, spending time with Lauren...Opening for Meg? I think? I don't remember. Either way, that's in here somewhere. Pretty awesome night. She fed me whiskey, and I got to sing with her on "Home"! She's the sweetest of sweethearts.

SEPTEMBER:

School starts. I spent a lot of time goofing off, not enough time doing actual work, and it showed in my grades. I met a brown eyed/long haired girl who roped me in, and then realized it would never work (thank God). Went to the beach with Dija a lot, drove to Lynn and Medford a lot. Skipped a LOT of classes. :)

OCTOBER:

Things are solid with Lindsey (finally). No more on again off again. I was very poor this month...really in September, too. I had lots of tickets to pay and debts to take care of and no money to do it. Eventually fixed that, though. Halloween was pretty cool (it usually is). Went to VBC for a gig, came back home and watched Buffy with Linds and stuffed our faces full of halloween candy. Good month.

NOVEMBER:

Still pretty poor. Getting close to not being poor. :) Lindsey's birthday. Anais. Realizing how screwed I was in terms of my grades...Starting to try and get to the gym again. This was one of those slightly crappy reflective months.

DECEMBER:

I resolve to try and lose weight (slowly but surely). Chris inspired me, and I'm still trying. I join the gym (BSC) due to a generous Christmas gift. Lots of shows at Passim. Semester wraps up (thank God), and Christmas happens...Lori Mckenna makes me cry (as per usual), and I'm starting to look forward to 2010, ready for it to kick in and pick me up off of my crazy self. I start to do devotionals again, maybe think about what God could mean in all of this.

This brings us up to date.

WOAH. What a year.

Love to you and yours,

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment