Tuesday, January 12, 2010

woke up this morning and suddenly realized that we're all in this together--

Hey doods,

I am no longer sick. I do not have an excuse to neglect my blogalog anymore. I was really on a roll with the gym, and last week I was so sick that I just couldn't make myself go everyday. I went twice the entire week! Lame. But sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is stay in bed. Most of the time that's not true for me. When I'm sick, it REALLY is.

So things on my to do list for today: go to Goodyear and get my car looked at (it sounds like a tugboat when I drive it), go to the gym, and spend some good quality time at the open mic with Gabriel.

GOALS: no dessert. Minimal carbs.

This all sounds easy enough to manage. I think one thing I've realized doing this 180 is that I often set my goals way too high and let myself down. After the summer, I went on a crash diet (Atkins), and didn't eat ANY carbs for three weeks (I think). I lost a couple of pounds (like TWO), but ultimately it wasn't changing any of my eating habits. I was still relating to food the same way. It's become an effort NOT to relate to it the way I want to; as some sort of cure for pain or loneliness. I'm slowly coming to a place where I want something else to fill that spot. I'm not positive what that one thing is yet, but I do know that it has something to do with all of the healthy things I do in my life: gym, music, reading, time with the people I love, devotionals, mix CDS, listening to a friend in need, Sundays at SLAM, physical affection, etc. Maybe these things put together are some sort of picture of God? I don't know.

Anyway, time to start my day.

Encouragement to all of you on your new year feet! Know that change is hard, slow, but worth it.

<3

Love,

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment