Saturday, January 1, 2011

hello, 2011

it's 2011. I was barely conscious to wish my beautiful girlfriend a happy new year last night at midnight. but these things happen, I guess. :) it's been a busy few days, so I feel like I have an excuse. I'm sitting in the living room of my brand new apartment. I finally moved in, and it's great! granted, there are things I'll have to get used to but that's just the way it goes, right? I've lived with so many different people in so many different places over the years in Boston, and this is just a new experience.

I wrote my first rent check today. I'm pretty proud of that. it's also pretty scary to be writing out checks that I have to fill (not my parents) for big spending items like rent, utilities, etc. car payments, cell phone bills, insurance...that stuff I'm used to paying for. but this is a whole new responsibility. I'm a little scared of what happens in February when I only have enough for rent and utilities in my savings account...and then I no longer have a savings account! I guess we start a new one, right? better have a full time job (or two part times) by then.

my dad gave me a big fat check for my trip to NYC with Lindsey...which I plan on taking next weekend. so exciting! we're going to stay in a nice hotel for two nights, go to some cool museums and walk the city, visit Amy, and just generally celebrate the fact that I am completely done. grades and all. :)

today = brunch with tim, alice, my cousins, and river. :) Lindsey gets to meet the nephew, which will be fun. he is the sweetest little bundle. then we're off to shelburn falls, MA to see a concert and do yoga. great way to spend the first of this year!

things I'm adjusting to: the new apartment, my financial situation, not being in school, feeling like I really have to do it all on my own now, etc. the good thing is that I feel like I do have the help of a few support systems in place...and so I'm not freaking out. this week I may go visit grandma and aunt sally in ME, because I have a something I'd really like to talk to grandma about (i.e. time to come out of the closet finally). she's the only family member who doesn't really know at this point, though I've never actually voiced it to my aunts or uncles. I think they've caught on by now. she probably has to. I think it'll be fine...she's pretty supportive of some members of her congregation who are LGBT, so it shouldn't be so bad.

well...I'm being summoned to the shower. I must go! oops, forgot to write down my resolutions. which I totally have. for realz. tonight or tomorrow? we'll see.

love yourselves so that you can love others,

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment