Monday, January 17, 2011

1 AM.

I feel some big changes coming. good changes. maybe I feel this way because it's 1 AM and I'm a songwriter and that's when we do most of our good thinking and I just got a full-time job and I'm running a half marathon in a month and I'm going into the studio in a month and a half and and and. or maybe it's just a feeling--whether or not that feeling turns into an action remains to be seen.

so to those of you who have been in suspense over my full-time job hunt (I know, I know...that pretty much means all of you) ;), I have successfully landed a nanny job. I am completely and totally stoked about this position; the family is beautiful and wonderful, the hours are great, I get paid vacation, and the salary is awesome. mostly I'm excited because I feel like I can make a difference in three kid's lives, and that by itself is amazing. I get to have personal, real connections with people and get paid for it.

however, I know from past experience that "with great privilege comes great responsibility" (did I just quote spiderman?) and so I will take it in stride. I'm going to go week by week, do a thorough job, and still love my life. I know that if I take it too fast and forget to ask questions things get messy.

my sweet girlfriend is asleep in bed next to me. I should be asleep by now, but I'm so excited about the things that are happening right now that I just can't.

Sunday night I baby-sat with Lindsey. my dear friends TJ and Maren have two kids, one of which is their biological child, the other is adopted. their names are Elliot and Lola. they are such loves. we sat with TJ and Maren after babysitting and talked about how they decided to adopt Lola. she's a child from India with disabilities, and we didn't really know the process, so it was interesting to us to learn. one thing I thought was really striking was the fact that they had to look through a catalog to choose which child they would apply to adopt. woah. I can't even imagine. how do you do that? to decide your whole future in the flip of a magazine page is a huge thing. I think about kids a lot lately...whether I see them in my future with Lindsey. maybe some day? we'll see how this nanny thing goes first and take it from there. :)

all I know is that I have a lot of love to give.

taking it in striiiide,

--Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment